There are two kinds of measures:
- Those that tell you what happened
- Those that help you work out what to do.
There are a range of measures on offer in those buckets, so it’s worth understanding what they are, and where they are most powerful.
Work out what you’re trying to achieve:
- Are you looking for a measure of the effectiveness of your processes and people in a specific interaction? Start with first contact resolution, or complaint volumes as a proportion of overall transactions.
- Are you looking to determine your brand value in the eyes of your customer? If so, Net Promoter Score (NPS) is the way to go.
- Are you wanting to learn what your customers are looking for, where you’ve fallen short…and if you’re going to take action? Customer effort and Voice of the Customer are where we’d be looking.
Once you know what you want to measure, take a look at the tools available to support you.
From free survey tools to comprehensive CX and Experience Management platforms, there are platforms that can help you engage with your customers to get the information you’re looking for.